This is what the lot looked like yesterday - I know, not a whole lot of difference, but it is to me!
Here are some more pictures I took in the fall, some with the road, some without. Our road was added on in the final phase of the development. Here is the view as you go down the cul-de-sac.
Our flooring selections. We are getting ceramic tile in the foyer, kitchen, morning room, and all of our bathrooms, with carpet in all of the other rooms. The ceramic tiles in the front are for the master bath - I think the ceramic tile will go halfway up the walls or something. It has been so long since we picked all of this - way back in October - I am starting to forget exactly what we picked! We were getting laminate flooring in our laundry room before we changed house types; we will not have any laminate floors now. I really love our cabinets - Cherry Cherry. Our counter tops are Butter Rum. We are going to do granite later on - everyone told us we could do it much cheaper than Ryan was charging. It is not a huge deal to me, but something my hubby really wants.
Your lot/neighborhood is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat choices on your selections!
We go see Guardian and flooring contractor on Friday - do you have any words of wisdom for us? We have an idea on what we want, but we are afraid we are going to be overwhelmed with choices.
ReplyDeleteHi HW, it is overwhelming! There are a lot of options with Guardian - I would recommend looking at everything and then taking a few days to decide on what you want. You do not have to pick anything that day, even though they will probably try to pressure you into it.
ReplyDeleteAs far as flooring, we spent about an hour at Rusmur (not sure who you will use) looking at all of the samples. We went with the basic carpet, but upgraded the carpet pad. We also chose ceramic tile instead of hardwood for the downstairs, because we have a crazy dog who has destroyed the hardwood floors we have now. We also choose the upgraded tile for the master bath because it was much more decorative. Also, I haven't looked at your site, but if you are finishing your basement and have a patio door, I would get ceramic tile or laminate in front of the door. They tiled 7 tiles wide and 3 tiles deep so our carpet in front of the door wouldn't get ruined.
My best advice is to just go in with an open mind, and think about what is necessary. There are a lot of fabulous things you can do, but a lot of them really are unnecessary :)
Good luck!!