Monday, January 31, 2011

We have begun!


Yeah - drove to the site today and saw a big pile of dirt - they dug the hole for the house!! The above pic is one I took today, this is the view as you drive down the cul-de-sac. The house will be on the left, where the mound of dirt is, and the driveway and garage on the right where the gravel is.



The pic above was taken a few weeks ago, when the sold sign went up. I love how pretty our neighborhood looks in the snow. And look at all of the deer tracks!



This pic was taken in the fall, before they put the road in. It is a similar view (but a little further away) than the first pic. I love that we are on a flat cul-de-sac and in such a private area!

I am so beyond excited that they have begun. Our sales rep called about 30 min after I got home to tell us they had started, little did he know I had already texted pictures of the hole to everyone I know and was working on my blog entry!

They are working on the footer and foundation this week - weather permitting. We are supposed to get a nasty snow/ice storm here. They will start framing next week and we should be under roof soon after that. I am loving all of the new construction vocabulary terms I am learning. I may have to add a few to my students' weekly spelling lists!

I will post more soon - going with my hubby to see the site now!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! That is so exciting! Your lot/neighborhood looks beautiful! I love all the trees. Looks like you picked the perfect lot.
    I'm with you on the new vocabulary. Who knew I'd been on this lingo for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say missing OUT on this lingo...Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all the trees in your neighborhood. Looking forward to following your blog on the progress of the house- it flies by once the foundation is poured.

    ReplyDelete