Still waiting for them to break ground on our house! They were supposed to start yesterday, but are going to start tomorrow or Monday. We were also supposed to have our pre-construction meeting today, but we moved it to Monday because we are getting a big snowstorm here in the Burgh tonight! We are so anxious for them to get going!!
Here are some specs on the house:
Savoy
One of three houses on a cul-de-sac
Elevation 'E' (has a bump out in the foyer)
Brick front - dark red brick (can't remember the name now - Madrid maybe?)
9' ceilings in the first floor
White siding, black shutters, red door - very traditional colonial
Morning room with 4 windows along the back and 2 on the side (so excited for this room!)
Stainless appliances in the kitchen with a huge center gourmet island (not the one that usually comes with the Savoy - we were able to get the one from the Fox Chapel we loved) and tall 42" cabinets "Cherry Cherry" color, "Butterum" laminate countertops
2 ft. ext. in the Family Room - fireplace on the side, three windows along the back and one on either side of the fireplace
Bay window in the study
open foyer
4 bedrooms upstairs, luxury owners suite and bath with 2 walk-in closets (!) and cathedral ceiling
Finished walk-out basement with full bath (the space under the morning room isn't finished - yet)
2 car attached garage
Carpet and ceramic tile throughout the house - all 4 bathrooms are ceramic tile - we really wanted hardwood floors, but our dog has destroyed the ones we currently have :)
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but those are the basics!
That's awesome you were able to get the large island! I live in a Venice and have the gourmet island and I love it....much better than what they usually offer in the Savoy. I also have butterum countertops and love them! I've lived in my house for a little over a year and still love looking at all these home building blogs!
ReplyDeleteWow! This sounds incredible. You chose some fabulous upgrades - some that weren't even available for us. I love the dark Madrid brick with white siding and black shutters! My husband didn't want to go quite so dark and we couldn't get the white siding with the Valencia brick. I'm a little disappointed in our siding :(
ReplyDeleteI think our kitchens will look very similiar. We chose wine berry cherry and the same butter rum countertops. I was worried the countertops would look cheap, but I really like them. I'm hoping to post some pictures later tonight.
So excited for your groundbreaking!
Hi
ReplyDeleteWe're building a Savoy as well, how do you change the lights on the chandelier in the foyer?